The Melville Centre for the Arts Community Interest Company is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it.
Who we are
We are a community interest company registered in Wales under company number 10257626.
We are also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is 0014282634
Should you have any questions, queries or concerns about our Information Governance practices please do not hesitate to contact us by letter or email
||Melville Centre for the Arts Community Interest Company, 3 – 5 Pen y Pound. Abergavenny NP7 5UD
Who is this Policy aimed at?
This Policy covers employees, volunteers and our customers
Our commitment to you
- continue to strengthen our process for maintaining the protection of all personal information you have shared with us
- ensure that the people who need to access your information are trained on a regular basis in data protection
- only hold the minimum personal information we need from you to be able to provide you with the services that you have signed up for
- delete your personal information once the need to hold it has passed
- ensure that we design our systems and process to comply with data protection principles
- take immediate action where we discover that our policies have not been complied with
Know your rights
You have a right to access and obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to ask us to correct your personal information if there are any errors or it is out of date. In some circumstances you may also ask us to restrict the processing, or object to the processing of your personal information. In very limited circumstance you may also ask us to consider erasing your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any queries or concerns regarding how we process your personal information, please contact the Board Member responsible for Data Protection, Penny Simcock via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter at The Melville Centre for the Arts CIC, Pen Y Pound, Abergavenny, NP7 5 UD
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commission’s Office where you believe that we have not complied with this Privacy Notice or how we meet our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018, or the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
You can obtain further information about these rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office (insert link to ICO web) or via their telephone helpline 0303 123 1113
What personal information we hold and how we obtain it
The types of personal information can include :
- Contact details, including name, address, telephone numbers and email address
- Identifying details, including date of birth, national insurance number, employee and membership numbers
- Financial information e.g. bank card details, bank account and taxation details
- Information about your health where required
- Information about criminal convictions
- Language preference
How we use your personal information
We use the information you have provided to:
- Contact you
- Undertake statistical analysis
- Comply with legal obligations
Organisations that we may share your data with
From time to time we will share your personal information with partner organisations so that they can carry out work on our behalf. These organisations will only act on our instructions and we aim to keep this sharing to a minimum.
In some cases these organisations may be outside of the UK. This means that your personal information may be transferred outside of the EEA to a jurisdiction that may not offer an equivalent level of protection as is required by EEA countries. If this occurs we are obliged to verify that appropriate safeguards are in place.
Where required we may also provide your personal information with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the Police who may then use the information to carry out their legal functions.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, and for so long afterwards as we consider may be required to deal with any questions or complaints that we may receive. Our Retention Schedule has been developed to ensure that we comply with our legal responsibilities which is available by contacting us by email email@example.com or by letter at The Melville Centre for the Arts CIC, Pen Y Pound, Abergavenny, NP7 5 UD
The legal basis for our use of your personal information
We hold your personal information in our capacity as a Data Controller.
The legal basis for the use of the personal information that you have provided to us because we need to process
- your information in order to provide a service to you
- protect your vital interests or another natural person
Updating this Policy
We may update this Policy periodically especially when we bring new services on board. Where we do this we will inform you of the changes and the date on which the changes take effect.